Sunday, February 19, 2012

More on the Bridal portrait

Still working on the Bridal oil in between the other commissions.
I've spent many years working from life and photos and the one thing I know for sure is that photographs are often inaccurate.
New artists think that if they paint verbatim from a photo,  the client will be happy.  Nothing can be further from the truth!

They are both tall but the illusion was that they were the same height from the photo-nope- so we decided to raise her husband (so I am re-doing his face, lol)
I also added length to both subjects. Beautiful full length gowns have a way of shortening the height actually so in this 24 x 36" portrait, I added almost a full inch of "leg" length to my bride and groom...and it works!

Lots of tweaking to do yet but the gist of it all is here and  the next photo of this will be a completed one!

I need to get a move on now as my daughter will be having her baby on Feb 27....amazing how babies are scheduled now a days! So balancing art and real life is part of the job description!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails