Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Animal Grouping: 5 horses and two dogs!

This very large 30 x 40 pastel of 5 horses and two small dogs was worked from a variety of photographs-some of which I took and some that the owners had. It was challenging to come up with a viable solution to incorporate so many animals of such diverse proportions! Finally I hit upon the idea of putting the little dogs on a more even level with the horses by sitting them on top of the tack trunk! I'm happy to report that the owner was thrilled and  as a portrait artist, well, it doesn't get any better than that! I have since added the farm initials to the tack trunk :-)
Theresa
The Portraits

1 comment:

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

This was an excellent idea, putting the dogs on the tack trunk to make them at the same level. I can see why the owner is thrilled...it is an excellent portrayal of all of the animals. :) --Jai

Related Posts with Thumbnails